Saturday, December 8, 2012

Can mice problem in rented house be reported to City Housing?

Q. There is some mice problem in my rented house. My landlord doesn't respond to my calls. Can this mice problem be reported to the city housing department for their inspection? I am living in Baltimore, Maryland, US. Thanks!

A. Stop feeding the mice. The housing department will only care if this is their house, are you renting from the government?


Is it legal for a rented house in England not to have a thermostat?
Q. My rented house seems not to have one, or I'll be damned as I can't find it.

A. If it has heating it's allowed, you just have to mess about with it till you figure out how warm it is


What to do if my rented house needs something fixing?
Q. 7 weeks ago i moved into a rented house, the kitchen has a built in washing machine which is brand new, but it doesn't seem to work. I contacted my landlord's agent 2 days after we moved in. Yet still 7 weeks on nothing has been sorted despite me ringing them up every week.

what i want to know is if i can claim compensation for this as i still have all my reciepts from the dry cleaners.

A. It depends on state law. document date/time of your call. send a registered letter (they will have to sign for it) to them with your problem. if there is know resolution after that you can get it fixed, SAVE YOUR RECEIPT. deduct the cost of your repair from your next rent payment and send them a copy of the receipt.
I can't stess enough to save you receipts and document everything if case you have to take it to court


Legalities of Renting Houses in Philadelphia?
Q. I want to start a business renting houses in philadelphia, what are some legal aspects I need to consider or where can I find out more about how to go about starting this business and the laws? Thanks!

A. philly is probably like most other places--if you want to rent houses you might need a real estate license, unless the houses are your own.





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment