Saturday, December 8, 2012

I need to get a dumpster but I am new in the Utah area? Who is the best to get one from?

Q. I am doing a home remodel and need a dumpster, where can I rent one from?

A. go to the yellow pages in your phone book or on your computer be just as good as a book i mean yellow pages on your desktop


Is there tax exemption for Alabama resident who is in military and stationed somewhere else?
Q. My home of record is Alabama but currently stationed in Utah. I�m on active military and I don�t live on base. I feel like I pay a lot of Alabama state tax and don�t get much return especially when I haven�t resided in Alabama for 7 yrs. I also help out the economy in Utah by paying property taxes on my rent and all of my purchases. Is there any tax /exemption loophole for Alabama military members?

A. While you cannot change your HOR you can actually change your State of Residence. Does Utah offer a reduction or no taxes for military members? Something to look into if you have lived there long enough and own a home.


Do I need to pay tax on renting out a bedroom?
Q. I own my townhouse and I have a bedroom I lease out to someone else. I hear some places you dont have to pay tax if the total rent you receive is under certain amount. (I think I received about $2000 last year...) I live in Utah and does anyone know about that? Do I need to pay tax on that? If yes, if I need to report it, how do I report it?

A. Yes, you need to pay tax on the $2000 you received in rent by filing a schedule E. However, you can also claim portions of your mortgage interest, taxes, utilities, homeowners dues, and other home ownership expenses, including depreciation of your property. Without knowing your specific situation, I suspect that if you take these expenses to a skilled tax preparer, you will quite likely wind up with a paper loss on the rental that will reduce your total taxes.


How would I get enough money to move to Los Angeles CA?
Q. I'm 15 I want to move to Los Angeles CA. There are really good makeup schools there. And I'm nterested in become a makeup artist. But I'm in a small town in Utah & I'm a teenager so I can't really make good money to get started.

How can I make enough while I'm a teenager to move there and MAYBE go to school there when I move out of my parents house?

A. That's going to be very tough, but maybe you can learn skills now, and work at a cosmetic counter at a department store or some where else selling cosmetics? I don't know if it's still true, but they used to pay commission at department store make up counters.

Look into colleges that have theatre make up training or something of the sort, you may be able to get financial aid. Local (in state) colleges are better, as the cost will be lower and you will be eligible for more aid in your home state.

See if you can get your cosmetology license, look to see if community colleges or adult schools in your area have reasonably priced cosmetology programs. You may be able to make more cutting hair than you would working a typical entry level job. There may even be a program you can start as a high school student.

Just so you know, minimum wage is $8 an hour in LA, and a low end studio apartment, probably someplace you wouldn't want to live, is $800+ a month. So if you could get full time minimum wage hours (many employers only give 30 hours so benefits don't kick in), you could only pay for your rent and some food! Nothing else!

For some inspiration, here is an extremely talented high school make up artist, she's going off to a prestigious art college in the fall, she is also a very talented artist. There are links to helpful info on her blog: http://tigerlilymakeup.com/

Good luck!





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment