Sunday, December 9, 2012

Can my wife purchase a house in the state of Texas and put me on the deed after I fix my credit?

Q. I have lost my job and currently looking for a new one. I am also in the process of rebuilding my credit. In the meanwhile we are considering purchasing the house we are currently renting. My question is... in the state of Texas, can my wife get the loan on her own and put me on the deed later or refinance the loan with both of us once my credit is straightened out?

A. After the loan is made your spouse can legally add you to the title and the lender can't do anything about it. You don't have wait to fix your credit......however, is it wise to purchase a house when only one person is working?

Your wife would just give you 50% of her interest using a quit claim deed.....it will not effect the note or cause a calling in of the loan.


How much is hydro ruffly for one person?
Q. Hi,
I am looking for a new apartment with more windows and wooden floors I found a place that I maybe interested into renting.
My question is how much is hydro ruffly for one person? and it is in a century home if that helps out.

Thank you :)

A. Is hydro the English equivalent of our Water bill? If that is correct, you can ask the prospective landlord if you might view a couple of examples of the regular water bill or visit the water company and ask your question. The current tenant may also be willing to discuss with you the amount you can expect to pay.


First time renting question about landlord legitimacy?
Q. I am looking at an apartment today that I found for sale by owner. I have had a few conversations with her leading up to today and she seems legit, but I understand you have to also always be aware that the landlord/apt could be a scam. If I like the apartment upon viewing, and want to go forth with the renting process is it appropriate to ask for the landlord's id or a tax receipt (or something else...suggestions?) to prove she is who she says she is and it is her apartment.

Any suggestions are appreciated! Thanks!

A. if you express your concerns to her in a professional matter you should be fine. if she has a problem with it then just back out of it


What is your right to privacy in a fraternity house?
Q. I realize that the living situation in a fraternity is a little different than those of a regular rented house. My question is, if those in a leadership position in a fraternity suspected that you had something in your room, such as drugs or alcohol, that were contrary to the Bylaws of that fraternity, which you signed an agreement to abide by, do they have a right to enter your room, if it is unlocked, and search for those things?
Does it vary depending in which state the fraternity is located in?

A. Yes, because the house belongs to the fraternity.





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment