Friday, December 7, 2012

What can I do to become aware of investment opportunities overseas?

Q. Such as buying mines,real estate etc.Are there any journals/magazines?Anything?Thank you.

A. I lived and studied in overseas for 24 years (USA, UK, Thailand and France) If you don't know the the country economic where you interested in investing by travelling there or living there for 6 months. Get to know their market and consumer behavior. Reading from newspaper or research from the internet do not always mean that you can see the bigger pictures. At least you could think of a logo or office branches of companies you wish to invest. Talk to the their employees to shape your ideas. I might be wrong but that's what I have done.

To answer your question, buying mines (you need to know demand and supply in current market of a specific mines you wish you buy) Real estate (will you buy a piece of land or building without seeing them?) Hope you have my answer but please narrow your business that managable and realilty


How would i get a visa to live and work in san diego?
Q. I am 21years old, I was born and currently live in the UK, I have great GCSE grades and good A-levels. I am working as a cake decorator and would love to continue this in the US.

Also my boyfriend of 3 years would be moving with me, he is 21years of age and also has great GCSE's and he is a trained Estate agent (Real estate agent in US I think).

Would this be possible?

A. This question is asked here EVERY DAY - you can go back and search previous answers.

But, basically, you can't. Especially coming from the UK - it takes years for your chance to come around in the lottery. And, no US company is going to go to all the trouble to hire you and get you a visa unless you have some unusual skill or experience that they can't find in workers here. Real estate agents are a dime-a-dozen, as are pastry chefs. A US company has to hire you and then apply for your visa.

The US State Department website has info on immigration and visas.


What is the best business plan for this scenario?
Q. I have some software that is designed for real estate developers and I have share it with some to get some feedback and see if there has been any value. The response was very positive and I was told repeatedly that they would be willing to pay for the software. To be clear, toe software is tied into my site so I am able to maintain who is using it and whether they are permitted to use it.

In short, here is what I am considering.
-I could sell the software individually

-I could sell the software on a subscription basis

-I could give the software away free, build up a massive base of customers, and make money via advertising or just selling the company (the youtube strategy I suppose).

Taking the 3rd approach, if I was able to get up to 100,000 users, how is the company evaluated?
To be more specific, I can totally understand how to evaluate thins on the first 2 approached, but if I am trying to just get as much exposure as possible with the 3rd approach, I am not sure how the business world evaluates business in this manner.

Aside from just selling advertising, if I had 100,000 users and wanted to consider selling the company (what youtube did only on a significantly smaller scale) what should I use to predict future value in my business plan?

Thanks in advance.

A. Here are some sample software company business plans that should help you address your evaluation issues. Good Luck!

http://www.bplans.com/spv/3250/index.cfm?affiliate=smallbusinessnotes

http://www.bplans.com/spv/3062/index.cfm?affiliate=smallbusinessnotes

http://www.businessplans.org/VeriText/Verit00.html

http://www.bplans.co.uk/sample_plans/browse.cfm


Sample software company feasibility studies

This one seems to have what you desire.

http://www.klariti.com/templates/Functional-Requirements-Specification-Template.shtml

http://www.statskontoret.se/upload/Publikationer/2003/200308A.pdf

http://www.isd.mel.nist.gov/projects/rtlinux/swedish-open-source.pdf

http://ec.europa.eu/information_society/activities/opensource/cases/index_en.htm

http://ec.europa.eu/idabc/servlets/Doc?id=1978


How can we cash in on the mortgage crisis?
Q. If stocks dealing with real estate like Fannie May took a beating then they are selling at a discount. Are there any mutual funds that have holdings in them that may be ready to rebound?

A. Fannie Mae?

Seriously, dude, that is a really, really bad example. The company is functionally bankrupt...it will never come back. ever. Same with Freddie Mac. They are for all intents and purposes defunct businesses being liquidated by the federal government.

To answer your question, there is no "easy way" to cash in on anything in the financial marketplace. If anything, the duel disasters of the 2000's (dot com bomb and the credit crisis) clearly demonstrate that modern finance has made it extremely difficult for the common man to profit without particular competence and focused knowledge.

Expert opinion -- discount it however you please -- currently assumes that the housing crisis isn't over yet. Another trillion (yes with a "T") dollars in insolvent mortgages teeter on the brink of foreclosure in the US with similar disasters looming in the UK and a handful of other bubble countries. Over supply of new housing units in several regions still exceed 3 years and 1-2 years in many. The consensus view leans on 5-10 years for a full recovery, assuming one will happen.





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment