Sunday, December 9, 2012

What is involved with renting houses and is reanting a house with my boy friend and our bestfriend a good idea

Q. Me and my boyfriends friend comes home from the Marines in May and we were considering renting a house when he comes home. I have no idea what the process is and and what all is involved in renting houses. I need some help with my decision.

A. its pretty simple

find out how much the rent is and divide that by the # of people who will be living there and that will be the amount each of you must pay

on the lease, you will need to put down everyone that will be living there

and then, between you and your buddies, you all need to decide how the bills are going to be paid (cable, phone, etc) and find out about the groceries too

it's better to have a clear understanding of all these things before living in the same place.


Can mice problem in rented house be reported to City Housing?
Q. There is some mice problem in my rented house. My landlord doesn't respond to my calls. Can this mice problem be reported to the city housing department for their inspection? I am living in Baltimore, Maryland, US. Thanks!

A. Stop feeding the mice. The housing department will only care if this is their house, are you renting from the government?


Is it legal for a rented house in England not to have a thermostat?
Q. My rented house seems not to have one, or I'll be damned as I can't find it.

A. If it has heating it's allowed, you just have to mess about with it till you figure out how warm it is


What to do if my rented house needs something fixing?
Q. 7 weeks ago i moved into a rented house, the kitchen has a built in washing machine which is brand new, but it doesn't seem to work. I contacted my landlord's agent 2 days after we moved in. Yet still 7 weeks on nothing has been sorted despite me ringing them up every week.

what i want to know is if i can claim compensation for this as i still have all my reciepts from the dry cleaners.

A. It depends on state law. document date/time of your call. send a registered letter (they will have to sign for it) to them with your problem. if there is know resolution after that you can get it fixed, SAVE YOUR RECEIPT. deduct the cost of your repair from your next rent payment and send them a copy of the receipt.
I can't stess enough to save you receipts and document everything if case you have to take it to court





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment